The Mission of the Camphill Foundation Canada:to provide support and promote the activities, programs and vision of Camphill communities.
Camphill directs its activities towards serving children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities though education, social and vocational programs which address the human being in its wholeness of body soul and spirit. In addition, Camphill works to promote sound environmental stewardship and social resilience through the practice of Biodynamic farming and gardening.
Our Vision in the Foundation is:to increase the scope of our work with Camphill communities across Canada. We will accomplish this through growth in the following areas:
- Increase our donor and data base
- Intensifying our work towards Planned giving and major gifts
- Broadening our grant application to include education and arts, agriculture, environmental sustainability, affordable housing
- Encouraging and supporting innovative means to increase productivity and sales income in Camphill communities
- Raising public awareness and donations through holding special events
Our Core Values:The Camphill Foundation Canada shares the core values of all Camphill communities which include:
- Creating opportunities for Living, Learning and Working Together. A heterogeneous community is a stronger community
- Each individual is a unique spiritual entity and is entitled to equal rights, respect and recognition all of which flourish best in a community setting
- Philanthropic gifts contribute significantly to the healthy growth of communities and organizations which provide human services. The Camphill foundation Canada is dedicated to being a conduit for such supports